Even the most experienced teachers often know little about the challenges their gifted and twice-exceptional students face. Misinformation abounds, and well-intentioned in-class solutions can backfire. How can teachers support the educational and social needs of these unique learners, while still addressing the needs of all their other students?
Kelly Hirt, a public school teacher with 25 years experience and writer at MyTwiceBakedPotato.com, understands the frustration felt by many teachers and parents. After realizing that her own son was one of these unique learners, Hirt developed strategies that any teacher or parent can readily implement.
In her new book, Boost: 12 Effective Ways to Lift Up Our Twice-Exceptional Children, Hirt outlines 12 strategies to design a supportive, safe, and encouraging learning environment for twice-exceptional students. By utilizing Hirt’s strategies, educators will join with parents and students to create an educational experience in which all students can thrive and excel.
Available in print at Amazon and Barnes & Noble, and for Kindle and Nook. See below for international availability through Amazon! More help and insight can be found in our other books from the Perspectives In Gifted Homeschooling Series and More GHF Press Titles.
Check out Kelly's Amazon Author Central page.
Table of Contents
- My Story
- Frequently Asked Questions about Twice-Exceptional Children
- Why is Any of This Important?
- Boost Strategies
- Boost Strategy 1: Educate
- Boost Strategy 2: Communicate
- Boost Strategy 3: Investigate
- Boost Strategy 4: Separate
- Boost Strategy 5: Anticipate
- Boost Strategy 6: Accommodate
- Boost Strategy 7: Accelerate
- Boost Strategy 8: Fascinate
- Boost Strategy 9: Participate
- Boost Strategy 10: Evaluate
- Boost Strategy 11: Negotiate
- Boost Strategy 12: Appreciate
- Recommended Resources
- About the Author
International Amazon Availability (English only)
Paperback: Not yet available
Switzerland/Schweizerische Eidgenossenschaft/Confédération suisse/Confederazione Svizzera/Confederaziun svizra
Monaco/Principauté de Monaco
Plate-Forme Auteurs Amazon
Paperback boek: Nog niet beschikbaar