A number of families raising and educating their gifted and twice-exceptional children (2e) have begun blogging about their family's experiences. The blogs can range from serious to amusing, educational to emotional, or a combination of any and all of these. The key to reading them is in understanding that each family -- each individual -- each teacher or other professional who works with gifted and 2e kids -- will have a unique experience to share, yet there will be sufficient commonalities that we can learn from each other and (hopefully!) avoid reinventing the wheel. It can be an incredible relief for a family who has chosen an alternative route to educating their gifted or 2e child to discover that there are others like them, that others have faced similar choices and made it through.
Following are some of the blogs created and maintained by gifted or homeschooling families and professionals. As you might expect, linking to these sites is not an endorsement by GHF and we won't necessarily agree with everything posted. Please consider the value of a diversity of opinions!
From time to time, the GHF Bloggers will participate in a blog hop, meaning that there will be multiple articles posted about a particular subject. Be certain to check out previous hops! For information on becoming a GHF Blogger, email us at email@example.com
|A 2E Fox Revived - American expatriate mother home educating her 2e/US-UK son in the UK.|
|Atlas Educational - Atlas Educational is an innovative blog about the evolution of education including a profound love for gifted advocacy and homeschooling.|
|BJ's Homeschool - Resources and encouragement for your homeschooling journey from preschool to High School, with tips for College.|
|The Cardinal House - Homeschooling gifted son with imaginational overexcitabilities.|
|Cedar Life Academy - Homeschool support and encouragement|
|Christy's Houseful of Chaos - Homeschooling, books and (mostly Canadian) politics|
|Crushing Tall Poppies - Advocating for the needs of gifted children because no child should have to suffer simply because they were born gifted.|
|Eclectic Homeschool - Raising Global Kids|
|Empowering Parents to Teach -|
|Everyday Learning - Sometimes life comes along and hijacks your best laid curricular plans. That can be a good thing.|
|The Fissure Blog - Real, inspired writing on education and the evolution of learning in the 21st century.|
|The Fringy Bit - REAL support and stories about loving someone who is wired a bit differently, brought to you by married psychotherapists and parents of 3 gifted/2E kiddos.|
|Gifted Parenting Support|
|Gifted Unschooling - A journey into radically unschooling my profoundly gifted boys|
|Gluten-Free Mum - Amidst the Recipes of Life - Conversations on Twice Exceptional Homeschooling|
|Hand In Hand Homeschool - Helping parents find the answers they need along their children's educational journey.|
|Hands-On Parent while Earning. - Inspiration and support for parents who want to be hands-on with their children especially those who are gifted or twice exceptional while contributing to the family income.|
|Homeschooling2e.com - Ramblings about our crazy journey homeschooling our Twice Exceptional son and his (probably 2e) siblings.|
|Homeschooling Hatters - The Adventures of a Gifted, Asynchronous, Eclectic, Homeschooling Family|
|Jade Rivera - Writing on the academic and social emotional needs of gifted and twice-exceptional children|
|Key Destiny Academy - Homeschooling Three Gifted Children|
|Laugh, Love, Learn - Stories about a British family living positively with 2e, sensitivity and intensity (OEs).|
|Laughing at Chaos - Jen Merrill’s look at 2e parenting with a sense of humor|
|Madeline's Musings - A 2e, formerly homeschooled young person transitioning to the adult world|
|Navigating By Joy - Unschooling with giftedness and 2e in the UK|
|Mommy Bares All - A no holds discussion of one mother's experiences|
|My Little Poppies - A school psychologist and mom to three finds herself suddenly, unexpectedly, homeschooling|
|My Twice-Baked Potato - Writer, blogger and teacher sharing the success and struggles of raising a 2e son|
|Not So Formulaic - Writer, teacher, and homeschooling mom of gifted/2E kiddos.|
|Preschool Engineer - Advocating for playful independent STEAM learning.|
|Raising Lifelong Learners - Raising outliers to be lifelong learners…exploring, discovering, creating with, and thriving together.|
|Raising Wizards - Resources and support for parents raising gifted children|
|Random Everyday Blessings - Discovering the blessings that seem to come from the most random places and in the most unexpected moments as I attempt to figure out this crazy thing called life.|
|Sallie Borrink Learning: All of Life is a Learning Adventure - Homeschooling, parenting, gifted/2e children, and daughters.|
|Sceleratus Classical Academy|
|Sprite's Site - Sprite is a twice-exceptional cartoon character!|
|STEAM-Powered Classroom - Helping kids claim an engaging, creative education that is relevant to the 21st century|
|Through a Stronger Lens - Seeing the World Through My Gifted Children's Eyes|
|Your Rainforest Mind: Guidance for the Excessively Curious, Creative, Smart & Sensitive - A psychotherapist writes with great insight about gifted adults and occasionally about parenting gifted kids.|
Other blogs of interest!
- 2e Child
- A Meaningful Mess
- Adventures in Our Life: Adventures Homeschooling a Profoundly Gifted Child at the Edge of the World
- An Intense Life: Living the Life You've Imagined
- Black and Married with Kids
- Black Homeschool Mom: A resource site for diverse home educators.
- Castle for Keeps: Join one family as they daily parent each child into a castle that will keep for eternity.
- Chasing Hollyfeld
- The Deep End: Stephanie Tolan writes about the needs of bright kids too far from the norm to 'fit'
- Defying Gravity: Homeschooling exceptionally gifted kids in Australia
- Gas Station Without Pumps
- Gifted Exchange Blog by Laura Vanderkam
- Gifted Ireland
- Gifted Phoenix ~ Gifted Education in the UK
- Gifted Resources Blog
- Guiding Exceptional Parents: Supporting Students with learning differences and their families.
- High Ability
- Homegrown Minds
- The Homeschool Sisters Podcast: Real life homeschooling- Let's Chat.
- Homeschooling, Or Who's Ever Even Home
- How to Work and Homeschool: Pragmatic Advice for Practical Parents from Pamela Price
- Interest-Led Learning: Co-designing a life of passion, adventure and connections with your child.
- It’s an adventure, not a crisis!
- Kate Arms-Roberts: Creating a Meaningful Life Through Art, Play and Contemplation
- Life Among the Gifted
- Life with Intensity
- Little Stars Learning: Preschool for Advanced and Gifted Learners
- Living Peacefully with Children
- Living the Life Fantastic
- Loving, Learning, Living, and Parenting with Light and Happiness
- The Maker Mom
- Modern Homeschooling
- Mommy Maestra: Discoveries of a Latina Homeschooler
- Muslim Homeschool
- My Big Fat Cuban Family
- Natural Beach Living: Homeschooling with Sandy Toes and a Smile
- The Queen of Hats
- Raising a Self-Reliant Child
- Ramblings of a Gifted Teacher: From One Gifted Teacher to Teachers, Parents and Advocates
- Red, White and Grew: Modern Life in the Spirit of the Victory Garden
- San Antonio Charter Moms
- Special Needs Homeschooling: Special needs and giftedness
- The Urthmama
- We Are Gifted 2: For advocates of culturally diverse gifted learners.
- Wenda Sheard, JD, PhD: Thoughts on Life and Learning