Please visit this month's Blog Hop contributors and leave a comment. Be part of the conversation!
Being Smart About Health and Wellness ~ Wenda Sheard, J.D. Ph.D. Thoughts on Life & Learning
"I believe that parents should tell their children the truth about health and wellness, warts and all. Let children know that we can no longer pretend that the first world lifestyle is benign. Teach children about society's health and wellness foibles as well as our own personal foibles. Teach children about moderation, and teach them the dangers of assuming that moderation will work seamlessly or sufficiently to bring us health and wellness."
The Care and Feeding of Your Gifted Child ~ Homeschooling Hatters
Keeping Balanced: Promoting Health and Wellness in the Gifted/2E Child ~ Gluten-Free Mum
"As I have talked about before, both my kids have LDs. My son has SPD and ideopathic toe walking (plus another unknown disability we're going through the wringer to get diagnosed). My daughter has anxiety disorder - she gets stressed and then is unable to feel pain - which causes her to be a sensory seeker - she likes throwing herself onto the floor for the bump. I cried the first time she complained about a minor injury. Because it was a big deal - it meant that she was able to feel it, and therapy was working.
So today I'm going to talk about how we incorporate strategies into our day to keep everyone on an even keel. Some of these are for the disabilities, some for the OEs. They all help."
Little Ones and Car Seat Fury ~ Through a Stronger Lens
Minimizing Stress, Anxiety and Emotional Outbursts ~ A Voracious Mind
Physical Fitness for Kids Who Like to Sit ~ Ecletic Homeschool
"Several years ago I realized that we had to do something different if I wanted to give my kids the gift of a healthy lifestyle. I had to make it a priority in our life and in our school day."
School Lunches versus Packing a Lunch: How to Keep Both Healthy ~ Mama in the Kitchen
Simple ways to nurture wellness in gifted/2e kids (and grown-ups!) ~ RedWhiteandGrew
Sometimes western medicine has no answers. Holistic medicine and my 2e kid ~ Laughing at Chaos
Steps for dealing with anxiety, feelings/emotions, and your 2e child ~ A 2e Fox Revived
"Steps for dealing with feelings/emotions.... such as identifying feelings (sad, mad, bad, glad), validating those feelings, and sharing the feelings."
Tips for Taking Your Kids to the Dentist ~ Scleratus Classical Academy
"Strategies for first time visitors and sensitive kids, co-authored by an experienced dental assistant and father."
Tips from a Coach for Keeping Gifted Children Active ~ Great Peace Academy
"An Interview with the Coach of The HomeSchool Gym, a unique program designed specifically for homeschool students. He shares his principles for including, interacting and managing expectations for his students, specifically gifted and special needs children."
Your Shame is Their Shame ~ Building WingSpan
Sprite's Site missed the blog hop, but she has been visiting the posts! Here's what she has to say about it: April Blog Hop
Tips From GHF Professionals
FREE Downloadable Brochures:
The Healthcare Providers’ Guide to Gifted Children
The Educators’ Guide to Gifted Children
Twice Exceptional—Smart Kids with Learning Differences
Gifted Cubed -- The Expanded Complexity of Race & Culture
Past Blog Hops
- Tips, Advice, and Help when having your Gifted Child Tested
- Gifted Child? Here are our Single Best Tips
- Gifted People and Rabbit Holes
- The Scoop on Gifted, Homeschooling, and Education: Our Book Reviews
- Parenting and Teaching a Gifted Toddler
- Discipline and Your Gifted Child
- Why Is High-Achieving Synonymous with Being Gifted?
- The Invisible Gifted Child: Mislabeled, Misdiagnosed, Unidentified and Misunderstood
- Uniquely Gifted:The Different Areas of Giftedness
- Happiest Homeschooling Moments: Personal Stories, Inspiration and Tips
- Gifted Children: Transitioning Between Public School and Homeschool
- Gifted and Twice-Exceptional: Revisiting 2E Issues
- When Did You First Realize Your Child Was Gifted/2E/Different?
- The Difficulties of Being Gifted
- Your Gifted Child: The Light at the End of the Tunnel
- When Homeschooling Your Gifted Child Becomes a Drag: My Best Tips
- Navigating Family Life When Gifted Traits Collide
- Gifted Children and The Role of Mentors
- Gifted Children: Academic and Career Planning Beyond K-12
- Gifted Children: The Importance of Finding Intellectual Peers and Community
- Choosing Extracurricular Activities for Gifted Children with Overexcitabilities in Mind
- Preparing for Their Future: Parenting Gifted Teens and Tweens
- Gifted 2E Kids: What Makes Them Twice-Exceptional
- Recognizing Giftedness in Our Children and Ourselves
- Loving the Unexpected Gifts of Giftedness
- Educating Gifted Children: The Many Ways We Approach Their Learning
- The Highs and Lows of Gifted Parenting
- Discovering the Depth and Breadth of Giftedness
- Parenting Gifted/2E Kids on a Shoestring
- Bullying Across the Gifted/2e Lifespan
- Perfectionism and Other Gifted/2E Quirks
- Gifted at Different Ages & Stages
- A Day in the Life of a Gifted Homeschooler
- How Do You Say “Gifted”?
- Gifted in Reel Life
- End of Year Blogger Wrap Up!
- The Most Popular Posts on Giftedness in 2014
- Parenting OEs, 2Es and Everything in Between
- Finding Your Community
- Gifted Grown Ups
- Gifted Parenting
- Special Tips, Toys, Tricks, & Tools for Parenting & Educating Gifted/2E
- Promoting Health and Wellness in the Gifted/2E Child
- Homeschooling & Parenting Gifted/2E Kids into the Teens (and Beyond)
- Staying Motivated throughout the Homeschool Year
- Surviving & Thriving at the Holidays with a Gifted/2E Kid
- Homeschooling a Gifted 2e Kid
- Sleep and Other Forms of Parental Self-Care
- Homeschooling: Where and How to Begin
- Homeschooling with/without a Partner
- Stealth Schooling