A Blog Hop is a way to discover and follow blogs, as well as promote your own. Every month or two, we pose a topic, our blogging members discuss it, and we link to their posts. GHF blog hops include bloggers from around the world, all of them committed to articulating the unique concerns, needs, and perspectives of gifted/2e families, especially those who choose to homeschool their kids.
Please visit this month's Blog Hop contributors and leave a comment. Be part of the conversation!
Adolesence: A Whole New World ~ Life with Intensity
On growth and maturing. Adolescence isn't so bad in our house. At least so far.
Animal Kingdom Hints for Parenting Teenagers ~ Wenda Sheard, J.D. Ph.D. Thoughts on Life & Learning
Once upon a time I saw a television documentary on lions. Or tigers. Or maybe bears. The species doesn't matter. What matters is that the animals in question had sharp claws and scary teeth designed for death.
Confessions of a Homeschooled Teenager ~ Jade Ann Rivera
Homeschooling in the Digital Age ~ Quarks and Quirks
Is computer use an issue at your house?
I Like Teenagers ~ Building Wing Span
Musings on Tertiary Options ~ Gluten-Free Mum
The last few miles of the parenting marathon ~ Laughing at Chaos
The Spark That Changed Everything: Homeschooling a Gifted Teen ~ Crushing Tall Poppies
The long, slow process of regaining a gifted teenager's love for learning.
The Terrible Truth About Homeschooling Teenagers ~ Defying Gravity
It hasn't been as hard as the young years!
Unschooling Tweens... Let the Confusion Begin! ~ A Voracious Mind
The unique journey of raising a profoundly gifted tween who has the mind of a brilliant adult trapped in a young child's body with the emotional regulation of a teenager and the separation anxiety of a preschooler is not for the faint of heart.
Who's afraid of the terrible teens? ~ Sprite's Site
In which Retweet is scared silly by the thought that her precious tweetlets might turn into strange, objectionable, irresponsible creatures when they become teenagers.
FREE Downloadable Brochures:
The Healthcare Providers’ Guide to Gifted Children
The Educators’ Guide to Gifted Children
Twice Exceptional—Smart Kids with Learning Differences
Gifted Cubed -- The Expanded Complexity of Race & Culture
Past Blog Hops
- Parenting and Teaching a Gifted Toddler
- Discipline and Your Gifted Child
- Why Is High-Achieving Synonymous with Being Gifted?
- The Invisible Gifted Child: Mislabeled, Misdiagnosed, Unidentified and Misunderstood
- Uniquely Gifted:The Different Areas of Giftedness
- Happiest Homeschooling Moments: Personal Stories, Inspiration and Tips
- Gifted Children: Transitioning Between Public School and Homeschool
- Gifted and Twice-Exceptional: Revisiting 2E Issues
- When Did You First Realize Your Child Was Gifted/2E/Different?
- The Difficulties of Being Gifted
- Your Gifted Child: The Light at the End of the Tunnel
- When Homeschooling Your Gifted Child Becomes a Drag: My Best Tips
- Navigating Family Life When Gifted Traits Collide
- Gifted Children and The Role of Mentors
- Gifted Children: Academic and Career Planning Beyond K-12
- Gifted Children: The Importance of Finding Intellectual Peers and Community
- Choosing Extracurricular Activities for Gifted Children with Overexcitabilities in Mind
- Preparing for Their Future: Parenting Gifted Teens and Tweens
- Gifted 2E Kids: What Makes Them Twice-Exceptional
- Recognizing Giftedness in Our Children and Ourselves
- Loving the Unexpected Gifts of Giftedness
- Educating Gifted Children: The Many Ways We Approach Their Learning
- The Highs and Lows of Gifted Parenting
- Discovering the Depth and Breadth of Giftedness
- Parenting Gifted/2E Kids on a Shoestring
- Bullying Across the Gifted/2e Lifespan
- Perfectionism and Other Gifted/2E Quirks
- Gifted at Different Ages & Stages
- A Day in the Life of a Gifted Homeschooler
- How Do You Say “Gifted”?
- Gifted in Reel Life
- End of Year Blogger Wrap Up!
- The Most Popular Posts on Giftedness in 2014
- Parenting OEs, 2Es and Everything in Between
- Finding Your Community
- Gifted Grown Ups
- Gifted Parenting
- Special Tips, Toys, Tricks, & Tools for Parenting & Educating Gifted/2E
- Promoting Health and Wellness in the Gifted/2E Child
- Homeschooling & Parenting Gifted/2E Kids into the Teens (and Beyond)
- Staying Motivated throughout the Homeschool Year
- Surviving & Thriving at the Holidays with a Gifted/2E Kid
- Homeschooling a Gifted 2e Kid
- Sleep and Other Forms of Parental Self-Care
- Homeschooling: Where and How to Begin
- Homeschooling with/without a Partner
- Stealth Schooling